VP of Manufacturing
The Vice President of Manufacturing reports to the Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for the overall direction, strategy, planning and execution for Art’s Way’s manufacturing operations.
This person is responsible for creating the structure and processes necessary to manage the organization’s current activities and its projected growth, and for providing enthusiastic leadership to shape employees attitudes and morale.
- Strategic planning and execution to enhance profitability, productivity and efficiency through the company’s operations.
- Continually investigates and introduces process improvement measures and presents suggestions to CEO for consideration.
- Work closely with the CEO on manufacturing plans, goals and future project innovations to guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation.
- Interacts regularly with executive team and individual department heads to ensure that company’s operational priorities are aligned with total company direction.
- Develop the manufacturing plan and establish procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products conform to established customer and company quality standards.
- Initiate and coordinate major projects; including plant layout changes, selection and installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.
- This person will act as back-up for Director of Operations in the Armstrong and West Union plant.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelors in a technical discipline or equivalent are preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of increasing operation responsibility within manufacturing environments, and a demonstrable track record of leadership and success. Experience with both large and small companies.
- Demonstrated skills with project management tools and methodologies.
- Established success in leading and managing of people in a team-based environment.
- Experience in managing a vertical integrated facility that includes machining, metal fabrication, welding, and assembly. As well as a knowledge of ERP system, Inventory Management and Lean Manufacturing Principals.
- Applicant must be assertive and be able to instill a culture of accountability.
- Ability to balance big picture thinking and attention to detail.
To apply for this position, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Art’s-Way Mfg. Co., Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 288
Armstrong, IA 50514-0288