The Material Handler will operate various types of powered or hand operated industrial equipment to move materials around the plant and warehouses. The Material Handler will ensure accurate storage, movement and entry into the QAD computer system of all items within the facility. The Material Handler will provide various production cells with items needed in a timely manner in accordance with work orders and supervisor needs.
- Load and unload pallets and other items with forklift. Move various products to storage and production areas. Efficiently stack and store items in Stores and plant areas.
- Pick items needed for work orders for production process or parts shipments. Check and count items as they are moved.
- Participate in physical inventory counting and inventory auditing process as needed.
- Perform labeling, sorting, repackaging, wrapping and packing.
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently. Equipment to include (but not limited to) stand up forklift, sit down forklift, pallet jacks.
- Report safety issues related to equipment or work environment to supervisor or Human Resources and adheres to OSHA and Company safety standards.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Requires high school diploma or GED and relevant certifications.
- Must be able to work independently. Ability to work in a fast-pasted environment and multi-task. Ability to organize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to read work order packets and manufacturing prints.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds.
- Prior forklift experience or ability to be trained in forklift operations. Knowledge of safety regulations and fork lift operations.
- Ability to work in a dusty environment.
- Requires some computer skills for entry of material movements.
To apply for this position, please complete the online application or print the PDF version of the application, and submit via mail to:
Art’s-Way Mfg. Co., Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 288
Armstrong, IA 50514-0288
Art’s Way is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer