This person will paint and produce quality products in a safe environment. Will promote company values while conducting oneself in a businesslike manner and take pride in the company and set a good example.
- Operate or tend powder coating and/or liquid painting equipment to paint surfaces of equipment.
- Loading and unloading the overhead conveyor.
- Clean machines, related equipment and work areas, using water, solvents and other cleaning aids.
- Turn dials, hand wheels, valves or switches to regulate conveyor speeds, machine temperatures, air pressure and circulation, and the flow or spray of coatings or paints.
- Determine paint flow, viscosity, and coating quality by performing visual inspections or by using viscometers.
- Observe machine gauges and equipment operation to detect defects or deviations from standards and make adjustments as necessary.
- Fill hoppers, reservoirs, troughs, or pans with materials used to coat, paint, or spray, using conveyors or pails. Start pumps to mix solutions and fill tanks.
- Meet expected productivity goals.
- Produce quality product by completing and thoroughly inspecting all paint applied. Examine, measure, weigh or test sample products.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Have a comprehensive knowledge and experience in manufacturing operations and procedures. Including understanding methods, materials, tools and techniques used in painting.
- Understanding and carrying out oral and written directions; setting work priorities; including a good knowledge of OSHA laws.
- Working independently in the absence of supervision, establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Painters must have the ability to exert up to 75 pounds and/or up to 50 lbs of force frequently; this may vary depending on the task in which they perform.
- Paint person must complete industrial respiratory clearance and respiratory fit test.
To apply for this position, please complete the online application or print the PDF version of the application, and submit via mail to:
Art’s-Way Mfg. Co., Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 288
Armstrong, IA 50514-0288