Reporting to the Director of Materials, this person will be responsible for external and internal order processes.
- Reads production schedules, inventory reports, and work orders to determine type and quantity of materials required, availability of stock, and order priority.
- Directs Material Handlers to expedite transfer of material and parts and to inform supervisors of material status.
- This person will create purchase orders; verifying price, quantity, delivery and terms. Tender purchase orders to vendors.
- Interfaces with manufacturing personnel, purchasing personnel, etc. on material status and production planning issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Prior purchasing and expediting experience.
- Proficiency in utilizing ERP systems, Microsoft Office, and Apics.
- Three to five years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
To apply for this position, please complete the online application or print the PDF version of the application, and submit via mail to:
Art’s-Way Mfg. Co., Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 288
Armstrong, IA 50514-0288