Reporting to the Director of Engineering, this person directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of engineering project within area of assigned responsibility by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Analyzes engineering sketches, specifications, and related data and drawings to determine design factors such as size, shape, and arrangement of parts. Sketches rough layouts and computes angles, weights, surface areas, dimensions, radii, clearances, tolerances, leverages, and location of holes.
- Plans and formulates engineering program and organizes project staff according to project requirements. Coordinates with Director of Engineering to assign project personnel to specific phases or aspects of project such as technical studies, product design, preparation of specifications and technical plans, and product testing.
- Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, and customer contract requirements, and related specifications. Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems. Directs integration of technical activities and products.
- Evaluates design changes, specifications, and drawing releases. Prepares interim and completion project reports. Measures machine and parts during production to ensure compliance with design specifications. Uses computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software to develop designs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Minimum Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school, Bachelor of Science from four-year college preferred with one year projected related experience and/or training
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
To apply for this position, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Art’s-Way Mfg. Co., Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 288
Armstrong, IA 50514-0288