Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, this person will be responsible to keep machines, mechanical equipment in good working condition.
- Inspect, operate or test machinery or equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions by checking blueprints, repair manuals as necessary. This includes older type machinery.
- Clean or lubricate shafts, bearings, gears or other parts of machinery.
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts, using hand tools and power tools; such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, wrenches and/or welder to reassemble equipment.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly.
- Operate cutting torches or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Keep good records on parts and equipment.
- Communicate with vendors and order parts.
- Other tasks as requested.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Able to work flexible hours.
- Capability to utilize available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Individual should be self-motivated.
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
- Person must be able to lift/carry up to 50 pounds frequently. Job requires frequent reaching and able to push/pull up to 75 pounds.
To apply for this position, please complete the online application or print the PDF version of the application, and submit via mail to:
Art’s-Way Mfg. Co., Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 288
Armstrong, IA 50514-0288
Art's Way is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.